Alien Races In The Chakat Universe
by Bernard Doove © 2000
This page is basically a list of the alien species of my Chakat Universe. Although there are more than those listed so far, I have either not written about them yet, or found the need to describe them. As this happens, I will add them to the list.
Each species has a brief description of what they most resemble, NOT what they actually are, plus their most significant achievements.
- Caitians: Felinoids - savannah cats. Native to the planet Cait (Terranglo translation). Very social in general. Specialise in diplomacy, command, communications and advanced technology. Medical knowledge lags behind though. Female births greatly outnumber male births, and the common family unit consists of one male and his 'harem' or 'pride'. However, it is the 'firstwife' who is the head of the household, not the male.
- Voxxans: Vulpinoids - Almost indistinguishable from Terran foxmorphs, but with more fur colours and patterns. Native to the planet Voxxa. Extremely similar to Terran Western culture, they have often been referred to as 'humans in fox suits'. Slightly ahead in several technological areas when first encountered, especially warp drives, but have since been matched.
- Rakshani: Felinoids - jungle cats with tiger-like patterning, but coming in many different colours than tigers. Native to the planet Raksha. Agressive but honourable species. Extremely protective of children due to the high mortality rate. Often take military and command roles, but are also skilled educators. They're a strongly militaristic society, somewhat like Klingons in many ways, but unlike them they value other things besides warriors. Many Rakshani can be found in Star Fleet (not as many in the Star Corps), and they frequently end up on front-line battleships of various kinds. Extremely sneaky strategists. Nearly went to war with the Stellar Federation before negotiations through Caitian and chakat diplomats forged an alliance. A very passionate people.
- Merraki: Reptiloids - look like metre tall bipedal dinosaurs, but are omnivores. Native to the planet Kantorg (commonest of the names given to the planet by the various Merraki nations). Skilled engineers and gadget-makers supreme.
- Kalen-toth: Lemuroids. Agriculture and trading. Rather insular and not often seen off their homeworld, Lartanu-rith. Much of their extraterrestrial affairs are done through the Renzar.
- Renzar: Ursinoids. Native to the planet Grom. Powerfully built species who are frequently utilised in heavy labour or security fields. However, they made their name at being canny but fair merchants, both at home and in interplanetary dealings.
- Arborians: Badger-taur species discovered on Arboria. Nocturnal underground dwellers. Presumed extinct.
- Stariionae: Essentially living starships. They live their lives in space, but can 'land' on the surface of planets. Attitudes towards 'muck-dwellers' ranges from indifferent to hostile. See the Introduction To Stariionae.
- Faleshkarti: Bipedal Fennec Foxes. Native to Namath. Hermaphrodite species noted for its disinterest in any other species and their enormous proclivity for breeding. See the brief overview of this species.
Most of the living species, except the Kalen-toth and Faleshkarti, are regular visitors to the other worlds in the Federation, and the Rakshani are fairly aggressive colonisers. They met the humans when both sought to claim a new world. Fortunately, negotiation with Caitian and chakat diplomats made them allies rather than enemies. Humans are the great exploring species, partnered with all the morph species that they created, including Chakats, who are in their element exploring new worlds.
Return to Introduction To Chakats.
Return to Story Index.
Return to main Den page.